The Testing Center
Placement Requirements for New Students
Camden County College is here to support you with in-person and remote (virtual) College Placement Testing. We have adjusted our placement testing policies and procedures to help you keep your college plans on track and get you enrolled for Summer and Fall 2022 classes. In-person College Placement Testing is currently appointment based.
Steps to Follow
Before enrolling in classes we want to make sure you have an appropriate level of skills in reading, writing, mathematics and English as a Second Language (ESL.)
Step 1: Determine if you meet any of the exemption criteria by visiting our Exemptions page.
Step 2: If your exam scores don’t qualify you for automatic placement in college-level Math or English courses, please see tabs below to request appointment-based, in-person College Placement Testing or virtual College Placement Testing to determine your placement at Camden County College.
Requesting College Placement Testing
You will need to know your CCC Student ID# and your CCC Email address. Please see below for steps to set up your CCC email account.
Follow these steps to begin the process of requesting in-person Placement Testing:
- Apply to Camden County College – Apply Now.
- Review Camden County College Placement Test exemptions to determine if you might be exempt from part of, or the whole, Placement Test.
- Fill out the form below to make Placement Testing arrangements. Using your College email is required. For instructions on activating your student email, please visit Student Email.
Once the Testing Center receives your request, we will confirm your appointment with you.
On the date of testing, please report 15 minutes prior to your scheduled testing time. We will begin testing as students arrive, and when arriving to the Testing Center the following rules are mandatory:
- Bring a current, valid photo ID. See below for acceptable forms of photo ID. Photocopies of IDs, or, photos of ID on your mobile device are not permitted.
Acceptable forms of photo identification:
- Current driver’s license/ State ID Card
- Current passport/US government immigration ID documents
- Current U.S. military identification card
- Current other state issued driver’s license/ID cards
- High School ID Card
- You are required to bring your own pen or pencil
- If you are taking the ESL Test, you must bring your own headphones
- For updated return to campus information, please visit: https://wp.camdencc.edu/return-to-campus/
If you are scheduled to test in Blackwood, the reporting location is the Wolverton Library, Room 200. Please park in Lot 4.
If you are scheduled to test in Camden, the reporting location is Camden Technology Center (CTC) Room 203.
All testing must be scheduled in advance.
To request a testing date, please select In-Person Testing or Virtual Placement Testing in the event you are unable to come test in person.
Please contact the Testing Center at 856-227-7200 x4710 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about CLEP and TEAS, and how to register.
DSST Testing is not currently being offered.